|Søk i stiler|
Fakta om øysamfunnet Pitcairn.
- Capital: Adamstown
- Official Languages: English and Pitkern, a mix of English and Tahitan.
- Total area: 5 km2
- Population: About 50 (48 in March)
- Currency: New Zealand dollar
- National anthem: “Pitcairn Anthem” (Come ye Blessed) (The text is from the Bible.)
- Pitcairn is the second largest (and the only inhabited) of the five Pitcairn Islands.
- The Pitcairn Islands: Sandy Island, Oeno Island, Henderson Island, Ducie Island and Pitcairn.
- The Pitcairn Islands are the last British colony in the pacific.
- Pitcairn was originally inhabited by Polynesians, but for some reason they were gone when Pitcairn was discovered by a Portuguese in 1606.
- Pitcairn was also discovered by England in 1769, and it got its name from the man who first spotted the island.
- In 1790 Pitcairn was taken by the mutineers from the HMS Bounty. You can still se the shipwreck in Bounty Bay.
- When the Brits found the mutineers in 1814, they were so impressed by their peaceful society; they decided not to arrest the mutineers.
- The moralistic rules on Pitcairn were very strict. You weren’t allowed to dance in a public place, and nobody drank alcohol. Today you have to buy a licence every six months to be allowed to buy alcohol.
Kommentarer fra brukere
Ingen har lagt igjen kommentar til denne artikkelen - bli den første!
Obs! Meldinger som ikke omhandler oppgavens innhold slettes. Det samme gjelder meldinger uten stor grad av saklighet.
På forsiden nå!
Les hele saken
Les hele saken
Req.time: 0.012 sec - 1 pageviews